Preschool and primary school students
By learning about waste and the correct use of recycling services, students can raise their environmental awareness and make a real difference in their community.
Cleanaway encourages students to participate in their household and school waste and recycling from from a young age. Learning about theses services enables students to increase materials being recycled and reduce the amount of rubbish that goes to landfill.
By understanding the waste hierarchy students learn where we can focus to reduce our waste and how our behaviors can help reduce the amount of waste we produce.
Making the right choices - from when you are shopping to when you recycle at home or dispose of things at school - can all help reduce harm to the environment and ensure the health of the planet into the future. Some great tips to help achieve this include:
- Asking, "Do I really need it?" or "What are my options to make less waste?"
- Choosing products with less packaging
- Using reusable shopping bags
- Trying to have a no waste lunch every day
- Sharing books and toys with friends and family
- Composting your kitchen scraps
- Using rechargeable batteries
- Buying recycled products
Following these simple tips will help make sure you ‘Recover, Recycle, and Reuse’ as much as possible.
Please check with your council to find out the items that you can recycle in your local area.